It takes a village to raise a child
Children need safe, nurturing families and communities in which to flourish. The choices you make can contribute to this.
- Choose a healthy diet, which is fundamental to the well being of our children. Look for fresh, locally grown organic or pesticide free nutritious food.
- Shop at your local farmers’ market – the food is fresher, lasts longer, has more vitamins and minerals for better health and this supports local and sustainable agriculture.
- Start or join a school or community garden, share knowledge and expertise with others, meet new people.
- Contact your council to start a community ‘sustainable streets’ program or other sustainable eco initiatives.
- Avoid chemical cleaners and perfumes in the home and at school, and advocate for a green cleaning policy.
- Choose certified organic cosmetics and personal care items for your children and your family.
- Advocate for transparency for consumers about ingredients in cosmetics and personal care items.
- Choose an education that acknowledges the individuality of each child, the importance of creativity, play and a connection with the natural world.
- Join with like-minded parents, learn new eco ideas to support your children, simplify your life, conserve the environment and save money.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-25618557-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);